The toughest question I've had is the question of the top must haves. The reason why I say it's tough is because every lady has different needs, preferences, and skin types. However, if I were speaking for myself or similar of those with similar makeup preferences, I'd say the following:
1. Foundations!! Even 2. One for everyday and one for this special days that you want a special foundation that makes the skin look doll-like which is not necessary for everyday. I have about 7 different kinds that I love equally. Foundation is essential. If not anything else, foundation should be the one and only. And really, no other makeup should be applied without the presence of foundation. The reason why I recommend it so much is because it evens out the skin tone and hides flaws, and gives an overall radiant, clean and groomed look to the face. I always say, not wearing foundation is the equivalent to just rolling out of bed and stepping out into the world.
2. Highlighter. A subtle to medium glow. This is the product buffed into the top of the cheeks, top of nose, top line of upper lip and even over the browbone and eyes. Gives a glow and radiance that I can't live without.
3. Mascara!!! And a mascara Primer with!! I did a YouTube video on this subject. Check it out on www.hottofftheheels.com under "Videos". I explain everything!!
4. Eyeliner. Both kinds preferably. Pencil and liquid. I use pencil in my waterline (inside eye, top lid waterline) and also a bit on the bottom that I quickly smudge for a simple smoky look. And liquid of course for winged eye looks or a more defined, sexy eye. Eyeliner rounds up the eyeshadow and mascara and marries them together.
5. Eyeshadow Palette. Choose a palette that's well rounded for everyday looks but can also be transformed into evening looks. Like a great neutral palette that has a couple darker shades in it. And make sure it's matte shades and shimmers. Not just shimmers.
6. Brow filler. Either gel or pencil, it's essential to fill in a bit of brows where they look sparse or unshapely.
7. Setting Powder. Dust over your foundation. This is to prevent foundation creasing and fading, and also controls shine. Sets it all in place. This is used immediately after foundation and concealer and never apply anything wet or creamy over it as it will result in a paste. This is one of the last steps in the face application.
8. Setting spray. For those days you don't want to check up on your makeup and want to make sure it's all in place. It's basically the hairspray for the face.
9. Matte bronzer. To add some Contour to the face. Usually applied on the bottom of cheekbones, around the scalp line, under tip of nose and at jawline. Adds dimension and shape to face. (Side note, sometimes a Contour kit is best as it will already include bronzer, Highlighter, blush all in one item)
10. Last but most certainly not least, Lipstick. All sorts of lipsticks. Mattes, glosses, nudes and bolds. Don't ask me to choose between those, because I just can't!! Lol
Please go watch the video on the Facebook Page!!! www.facebook.com/la2africa
Sometimes the Cat-Eye can be so difficult to achieve. You gotta make sure you don't get shadow all over the place and get both eyes even and at that nice angle to correspond to to the tail of your brow. The same will apply for wanting a nicely winged eyeliner without all the eyeshadow. Well, here is a simple way I used bandages to get this look. So easy and most importantly CLEAN. No mess and fool-proof!!
Tips: Make sure you're using the straight edges towards your eyes, not the edges you cut (so you're sure you get that really straight line). Also peel slowly only after liner and mascara have dried. Enjoy!!!!
www.facebook.com/la2africa for the full video featuring the latest song by South African superstar Leanne Dlamini!! Xoxo
It's the new style of sculpting the face and some would say it's the "Lazy Girl's Contour/Highlight"! Basically to sum it up: Strobing is a technique using only a Highlighter to sweep on the parts of the face that would naturally be lit by light such as apples of the cheeks, upper cheek bone, brow bone, down the top of the nose, center of the forehead, chin and top of upper lip.
You can still use some blush or bronzer under your cheekbones for a deeper sculpt, but Strobing focuses on Highlighting!
Sooo, is Contour/Highlighting dead??? Not at all!!! It's just that in the heat of the summer in the States, layers of foundation, concealer and bronzer are becoming a bit on the heavy side during the day, so for a more lighter touch of Face-Sculpting comes STROBING!!
In the spirit of this new trend, all my Baked Bronzers and Highlighters will be ON SALE 50% off until August 6th, 2015. From N135 to N68! OMG!!!!
Get them from me either by ordering via Whatsapp or when I'm in Windhoek August 2, 2015!! (Follow me on Instagram for more info @hott.off.the.heels)
Take advantage of this deal before it expires! Much love, K 💋
Have a look below of some reposts from Instagram beauties showing us how they Strobe!
Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and keep checking back here for more news on products and cities I'll be visiting! (IG @hott.off.the.heels)
These beauties have great pigment and rich color! All day stay-wear without drying out the lips. All shades are available and newly launched shades are coming soon. N135
(Naked 3 & Naked Smoke coming soon)
Urban Decay and especially their very own Naked Palettes have been taking over LA's eyes and faces!! For over 20 years, they remain top of the line!
Or what I like to call her "Diamond in the Buff". The most significant thing that's happened to Foundation!!
How to use: Must wet first by squeezing gently under running cool water. Once it has absorbed water and expanded, squeeze out the last drop of water. It's ready for use now! Place foundation on the bottom of the Blender or place dots or lines of foundation on your face and begin blending with the Beauty Blender. Always Blot, Do Not Rub Around. The blotting, or bouncing, will ensure a blended airbrush look with no lines or streaks. The wet feeling will dry leaving you a perfectly blended finish. After use, either wash (wash gently at least once or twice a week) or place in open air to dry. To wash: use Beauty Blender Original Cleansers, gentle and non-greasy makeup removers, soaps or cleaners that do not have oils, moisturizers or any additives that can ruin the texture of the Blender. Wash gently and ensure all foam and soap has left the blender before standing up to dry. Enjoy! xoxo